The curtain has closed.
Louisiana Youth Seminar 2015 has officially come to a close. In keeping with this year’s theme, our delegates are already “Hitting Leadership out of the Park!” These young leaders are leaving LYS empowered, inspired and ready to make a difference in their communities, schools and homes.
Want to see who took home Group of the Week and other top LYS awards? Check out this blog post.
But at LYS, the delegates take home more than just awards. They take home lifelong lessons, memories and friendships.
At LYS, the delegates:
- Embraced the unique leadership qualities of individuals and how to build on these qualities to create group success
- Moved beyond their comfort levels and performed cheers, songs and skits in front of large groups
- Learned steps of successful speechwriting and gave incredible speeches
- Participated in the political process at varying levels and learned it is a process that everyone should be involved in to create change
- Strengthened their communication skills, particularly those for communicating in large and small groups
- Practiced parliamentary procedure
- Set personal goals and learned how to make their dreams a reality
- Left with greater confidence, enthusiasm and appreciation for others
So we just wanted to say THANK YOU.
Thank you to our donors, friends, alumni and staff for your support and also spreading the word about LYS. Whether you recruited delegates, donated funds or “liked” our Facebook posts, you are the reason LYS keeps going and growing year after year.
You are the reason we keep registering a record number of delegates. And you are the reason we continue to change lives and communities.
You embody our motto, “No Man is an Island,” and we certainly couldn’t have such a successful Seminar without your support. You are SUPER GREAT!
We’d especially like to thank our sponsors – Shell Oil and Motiva Enterprises, Louisiana Boardwalk Midstream and BP North America – who gave SO much to LYS this year and sponsored many delegates this year.
What’s your favorite memory from LYS? Share it with us on our Facebook page.