What do I pack?
You will receive a complete registration packet in early July, but this will help you start thinking about what you should bring.
- Comfortable, casual clothes and shoes (We walk to all events.). Please bring clothes appropriate to a youth conference.
- Twin bed sheets, pillow, and blanket
- Soap, shampoo, towels and other personal items
- One nice outfit for banquet on Thursday night
- Sleep wear
- On picture day, delegates will wear the LYS t-shirt
- Rain gear
- A sweatshirt is a must! (Buildings on campus tend to get chilly!)
- Notebook/paper, pen/pencil, and school bag
- $15 refundable key deposit (Please note that LSU charges $45 for lost keys) (Students will have the option to purchase an additional LYS t-shirt in lieu of the returned key deposit at the end of the seminar).
- Extra art supplies (optional)
- Remaining balance for registration (cash, check, or money order, please)
- Given the busy nature of the week, students should NOT drive themselves to and from seminar. If you are parking your car on campus for the week, you will need to purchase a parking tag at registration for $15.
- Extra spending money for snacks, drinks, etc.
- Media/Medical release form including insurance company and policy number (available here)
- Any MEDICATION that needs to be taken (make sure it is labeled with delegate's name and proper dosage). The staff does not administer medication, so bring any precautionary medicine (e.g. medication for headaches, upset stomach, allergies, etc).